Re: I'm going to unplonk Roy "The Liar" Schestowitz for a while

  • Subject: Re: I'm going to unplonk Roy "The Liar" Schestowitz for a while
  • From: Tim Smith <reply_in_group@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 16:10:20 -0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
In article <KH9Og.16627$726.12408@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, DFS wrote:
> My supposition is the vast majority of Roy S. news posts have misleading
> or outright lies in the titles, and his "commentary" is similarly
> untruthful.

Are you only couting explicit untruth, or also implicit untruth.  For
example, a post about a particular bug in a non-Linux system might be 100%
accurate, but when it is posted as an advocacy argument, there is also an
implicit claim that Linux does *NOT* suffer from a similar bug (else the
post would not be on topic for an advocacy group).  If that implicit claim
is wrong, are you going to count it as an untruth?

--
--Tim Smith