Re: [News] Mobile TV Phone Runs GNU/Linux

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Wednesday 13 September 2006 21:58 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> Linux-Based Mobile TV Phone: Courtesy CyberLink, Compal
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| The phone offers high-performance and low power consumption.
>>|
>>| CyberLink Corp. and Compal Communications Inc (CCI), a mobile
>>| device manufacturer, have released a mobile TV phone design supporting
>>| DVB-H and GSM services running on the Linux platform.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/fullnews.asp?edid=14195
>
> Excellent - keep 'em coming :-)

I was quite pleased to see that portable TV's would most likely (and
prevalently) be Linux-based. There's also ARCHOS and Internet TV is said to
have adopted Linux protocols, backed by some of the media equipment giants.
Those giants has a short round of Windows bashing as they explained why they
favoured Linux and threw Windows/MS to the dogs.