[News] Linux Conquers Mobile Sector, Access Linux Reviewed

Access Linux Platform: Tux for Your Phone Part II

,----[ Quote ]
| In a previous article titled "Convergent Linux Platform: Tux for
| Your Phone," we looked at how Linux is slowly gaining popularity as an
| appropriate operating system for the mobile platform. Growing support
| from a large number of top-tier companies, such as Motorola, NEC, and
| Orange, further improves the future of Linux in mobile platforms.
|
| [...]
|
| According to an industry analyst, the market for mobile Linux devices
| is expected to grow from a shipment of 3.5 million units in 2005 to
| 28.1 million by the year 2010. A lot of big players like Motorola, Palm,
| NEC, Freescale, Samsung and DoCoMo are placing a huge bet on the mobile
| Linux platform.
`----

http://www.osweekly.com/rss/OSWeekly.com_Latest_Headlines.xml

Also see:

LEAKED: Motorola loves Linux - E690 PDA Phone

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/cellphones/leaked-motorola-loves-linux-e690-pda-phone-199607.php