Re: [News] DRM Cracked (Reverse-Engineered) Again

begin  oe_protect.scr
> QTFairUse6 Updated Hours After iTunes7 Release
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| "Mere hours after iTunes 7's release, QTFairUse6 has received an update
>| which enables it to continue stripping iTunes songs of their 'FairPlay'
>| DRM. Some features are experimental but at least it's proof that the
>| concept still works."
> `----
>
> http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/13/1354252&from=rss
>
> It's clear that people loathe DRM, no matter how secretly you shove it in
> their faces.

One of the first slash postings raises an issue I've thought about many
times, which is that if something's been broadcast, you missed it,
wanted to watch it, so take a copy from online or from a friend, how can
you have done anything wrong?  Timeshifting is accepted usage, and this
is merely timeshifting.  It's an interesting conundrum, isn't it?

Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.
		-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth