Re: [News] Vendors Don't Open-Source Drivers Due to Security, Not Competition

flatfish+++ wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:20:34 +0000, Jim wrote:

What a load... I don't buy graphics cards because of what some marketing
worm claims, I buy them based on their abilities and my needs; whichever
fits the bill is the one that gets used. Generally I use NVidia, but not
just because their OpenGL support rocks. I use NVidia because their cards
are generally faster and run cooler and are less stressful on my wallet.
That last reason is a bonus, I don't rate the price of the card as an
indicator of its ability to do what I want it to do. Most things I want out
of a graphics card I can do with a Voodoo II (of which I have three
specimens). I generally use a higher end card like a GeForce 6200V+ or a
FX5600 because they're faster; that's about it.

No jim. You use Nvidia because you use Linux and you know full well that ATI's cards suck under Linux.

IOW you really have no choice, except for Matrox which are not gamer cards.

Intel and VIA as well.