Re: [News] Slopware Costs Microsoft Customers

begin  oe_protect.scr
> Sky hit by Windows Media DRM crack
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| British TV network BSkyB has suspended its broadband movie download
>| service, after a Microsoft security patch on Windows Media's digital
>| rights management was cracked.
>|
>| [...]
>|
>|  The debate over DRM technology is becoming increasingly heated, with
>| the Free Software Foundation backing an "Anti-DRM day," scheduled for Oct.
>| 3. Many in the content creation industry argue the technology is necessary
>| to protect intellectual property and stimulate creativity, while some in
>| the opposite camp view it as a cynical attempt by media companies to gain
>| greater control over customers' usage of their products.
> `----
>
> http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6114921.html

This does give some further clues as to Microsoft's problems at the
moment.  The Office team are spending all their time patching security
holes, the "video" team are spending all /their/ time dancing with
anti-DRM crackers.  Things must be /very/ busy there.

Personally, I wouldn't touch a service like this.

Fill what's empty, empty what's full, scratch where it itches.
		-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth