Re: Wingdongs won't start

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ Anonym skribent ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 22:45 \__
>
>> Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> skrev:
>>> __/ [ Anonym skribent ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 18:46 \__
>>
>>> I'd advise you to edit important documents on a system you can trust; not
>>> a system that will corrupt itself when you open the wrong document.
>>
>> Gladly, every document i write now, is written i kwrite, and not in any
>> Microshit proprietary software that makes you a slave to Bill Gate$. Free
>> Software is about the joy of sharing your intellect.
>

> Good choice. I use kwrite many times a day. My favourite editor. Also
> consider using Kate, which augments the functionality of Kwrite by embedding
> it in a pane. For something that involves formatting, consider LyX or
> Kile.

Roytoy's new "thing" : panes. LOL

> OpenOffice is for those who insist on doing things in reverse. Working on
> layout to generate a description rather than describe content. Who is

Rubbish.

> responsible for all of these misconceptions anyway. LyX sits somewhere in
> the middle as it permits you to embed TeX and forces you to incorporate
> structural semantics (via drop-down menu).

Err right. Because we are all using TeX.

>>> Apparently, Windows
>>> wishes to check a disk that was supposedly corrupted. It perceived Linux
>>> vicinity as malovalent.
>>
>> So that's why wingdong doesn't work?
>>
>>> Best wishes, (I hope I didn't sound harsh *smile*)
>>
>> Roy, your words are like warm butter in my ears.
>

> I'm surprised. Want some bread to soak that with? *smile*

Now, now : Mark will unplug and scurry off in a huff.

>> "Now it is time to stop beliving, and to begin to understand" - His
>> Holiness Rael.
>>
>> "You're a bunch of slap jawed faggots around here" - Govenor Jesse
>> Jackson.
>

> Good luck with Linux. There can be all sorts of explanation as to why Windows
> broke itself further (it's already broken by design). Safe mode, blue
> screens of death, failed boots, viruses and fatal errors (e.g. DLL
> hell) are

Only for COLA guys : otherwise it wouldnt have 97% minimum of the market.

> all part of the XPerience. But, hey, it's not as though Microsoft promised
> you that it will work. /Au contraire/. The waiver... oops, I meant the
> EULA... pretty much let's you know that this black box is expected to
> implode and explode quite sporadically. And MS has no liability.

And the guarantee we have from Linux is? "Doesnt work? Try another
distro". Yeah great.

--
Never make any mistaeks.
		-- Anonymous, in a mail discussion about to a kernel bug report