Re: Harvard Business School researchers say linux will never beat MS!!!

  • Subject: Re: Harvard Business School researchers say linux will never beat MS!!!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 22:23:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 22:07 \__

> begin  oe_protect.scr
>> __/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 16:14 \__

>>> Yup
>>
>> Crap. I wasn't sure.
>
> It's quite a sad thing, really, that if and when females do appear here,
> most people probably think it's Gary on one of his female days.

Jeanette (Russo?) is around and she is polite and friendly. With everybody
else, I'd naturally be suspicious. There is a renowned Slashdot/RPG
phenomenon where lads pretend to be gals in order to get special attention
or test reactions from the opposite sex.

Best wishes,

Roy

PS - Hey, Mark, slightly off topic, but have a look at a response I set a
recruiter this morning (probably going overboard 'educating' HR):

___/ On Tue 12 Sep 2006 10:02:38 BST, [ <anonymised> ] wrote : \___

> Hi Roy,
>
> This opportunity looked like a good match for your background.
>
> This is a great opportunity for a talented C++ developer with strong
> mathematics to make the move into one of the top Structured Credit
> Derivatives Quant teams in the city. The current team of 8 is looking for a
> C++ developer with 3+ years experience and strong numerical skills.
>
> Initially your technical skills will be the main requirement however this
> hire is with a definite view to progressing into a pure quant role over the
> next year to 18 months. This team report directly to the business and sit
> next to the traders. Initial projects will involve the development of new
> analytics libraries as well as day to day model integration.
>
> The ideal candidate will have a 1st class Mathematics or Physics degree or
> PhD and at least 3 years commercial C++ development experience including
> substantial use of STL, multithreading and polymorphic programming. Front
> office experience is preferred however candidates with strong technical
> skills and excellent academics will be interviewed.
>
> Salary levels are dependent on experience but 60-80k would be expected for
> applicants without Credit Derivatives, 80k+ for those with the relevant
> business knowledge.

Hi,

I would like to ask if development is done in a closed-source or Open Source
fashion.

With kind regards,

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello