Re: [News] Windows Spyware and Adware Grows at EXPONENTIAL Rate

__/ [ Peter Köhlmann ] on Tuesday 12 September 2006 19:45 \__

http://www.betanews.com/article/Study_Adware_Increasing_Exponentially/1158002129

>> What the heck is an 'unsafe' site? Windows makes the Internet dangerous.
>
> Well, certainly next to no user can detect one
> Although we have had the odd cretin here who told us that he never goes
> to "unsafe" sites on the internet and for that reason never gets his
> wintendo toy infected with malware
> Must be his psychic powers to know in advance which sites not to visit

If you're thinking about DFS, he appears to be using Opera and Firefox for
Web browsing. And he uses a rusty (and freebie) virus detection software
which, needless to mention, would be optimistic. Besides, how come we never
hear raves about clean systems? And why should this not be taken this for
granted? Even experienced IT folks get 'possessed' every now and then.