Re: [News] Vista Editions Pose Issues

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The Problem With Five Versions of Windows Vista
>
> ,----[ Conclusion ]
> | January 30th may be the day that Vista is released, but it could also be
> | the day that hordes of Windows users make the move over to Linux.
> `----

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2324&Itemid=449

It just occured to me that the weekly updates are going to be very labour
intensive over at MS. Which upgrade is allowed for which XP version. Oops,
sorry I meant Vista version.

I bet you my left sock that businesses will try to go with the cheapest XP,
erm Vista, version, as they did when the choice was NT client or Win98.
Business users were supposed to go for NT and home users Win98, it didn't
work that way, everyone went for Win98. Which was why MS were left with
millions of customers using the least safe OS at a time when the big waves
of virus's came out.

The cheaper Vista must have Internet access or I can't see it being useful
for anything, so I wonder if they will disable tcp, because if they don't
then they really is nothing stopping businesses from ignoring the upper
price band software.

I have a suspition that if third parties wanted to get adding the missing
bits to the cheap Vista then there could be a huge market for their
products.

Well done MS for opening the door for third party developers, nice to see
you encouraging new businesses.