Re: [News] Microsoft Fixed only 2 out of 22 Vulnerabilities Discovered in July

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Fri, 29 Sep 2006 20:56:46 +0100
<1329784.x2FafSlUj7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Windows Bugs Still Not Patched
>
> ,----[ Excerpt ]
> | PC World - Two months after hacker HD Moore publicly disclosed 22 bugs,
> | only two have been fixed.
> `----
>
> http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20060929/tc_pcworld/127336
>
> About a week ago Microsoft received a price for excellence in security or for
> being trustworthy (I can't recall exactly). It was the US government that
> granted it, AFAICR.

Ah, you saw that too, eh? :-)

Lovely, of course, the way our goverment shows such
competence in the prosecution of a fair number of things --
handing out awards being among them, apparently.  A pity
Senator Proxmire is no longer among us.

I'll give Windows brownie points for trying, though, and an
interesting note (if one believes it): the number of viruses
between Windows and Linux (400+-1) is, apparently, the same
as the number of users ratio.  Of course that's a bit off
since last I looked Linux desktop users are about 3% to over
10%, not 0.25%, as this might suggest.

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Linux makes one use one's mind.
Windows just messes with one's head.