Re: [News] The Beeb Pays the Bill

  • Subject: Re: [News] The Beeb Pays the Bill
  • From: John Bailo <jabailo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:13:51 -0700
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
B Gruff wrote:
On Friday 29 September 2006 17:29 John Bailo wrote:

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

BBC Looks To Microsoft For Web 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| However, you don't sign deals or commitments if you're a
| quasi-autonomous

I thought Brits had some guts. Not any more.

Don't despair John - they aren't completely Americanised yet...

also, did you note the phrasing...

...."The non-exclusive memorandum of understanding sets out a framework for
joint projects between the two organisations...."

So, I guess you're saying it amounts to a lot of nothingness.

In many ways, couldn't you compare the BBC to Microsoft. I mean, they do have a certain monopoly on British media, unheard of even in America's conglomerate world.

I'm surprised they haven't created "Her Majesty's Internet" so that Cambridge graduates can be assured of even more low paying hip media jobs in the city for tweed wearing history majors.

-- Texeme Construct