Re: [News] It's Official: Linux Ready for Games 'Out of the Box'

<thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:efjabk$c3t$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hmmmm, Linux can now play World of Warcraft. Dangerous... very dangerous. I kicked the tires a bit on a friends computer, and I think I would be better off with a crack habit. It looks way too fun.

Yes, I made a rule for myself: Never pay for an MMORPG. That means I can play the free trials (and new MMORPGs, with public betas, are coming out almost twice a month these days), but once the beta ends, I'm forced to quit.

Luckily for me, the few free MMORPGs (e.g. where playing is free, but to get better weapons or armors, you have to pay real cash, and thus after say level 10, it's impossible to actually complete any quests with just your free equipment) tend to not be fun if you play it without ever spending money.

- Oliver