Re: Back to Linux Contracts

> I think you may find the following article/study encouraging.
>
> Linux jobs abound, tech job service says

Thanks Roy,

Just got the official offer on that contract I mentioned earlier
in the thread.  It was one of the craziest interviews I've ever
been on.  The phone interview went well, and then they asked me
to come in for a face-to-face.  Turns out they had three linux
positions open and were not sure which one they wanted me for
(my resume is rather broad).  I sat in a conference room with
about 8 people while they tag teamed with the interview
questions.  By the end of it all, it was obvious the kernel
hacking job was the most urgent, and that was the one I would
end up on.

It sounds like a fun project; it involves high speed streaming
of massive amounts of medical imaging data from medical scanning
equipment to a highly fault tolerant, zero latency storage array.
Massive kernel tweaking and perhaps even custom driver development
to squeeze out maximum performance.  There timeline is rather
ambitious (to put it mildly) so I'll probably be racking up the
overtime to bring it in on deadline.

I start Monday after next, so one week off and then back to the
Linux salt mines.  :)

Later,

Thad