Re: Help on Konqueror

  • Subject: Re: Help on Konqueror
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:48:07 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ B Gruff ] on Thursday 28 September 2006 12:44 \__

> On Thursday 28 September 2006 11:19 B Gruff wrote:
>
>> I might be some time before I post here again!
>>
>> I've just typed:
>>
>> help:/kioslave/floppy.html
>>
>> ...into Konq!  Ye gods - this is like a treasure trove!  It could take me
>> weeks to work through this lot.  (I'm sure there's similar in Windows, but
>> I've not found that either yet......)  Why have I not come across this
>> (and
>> similar) before?  Is *this* why we have wintrolls - to occupy you geeks to
>> the extent that you never get round to telling people like me about these
>> things?
>
> Oops!  That's a specific - the "trove" is of course accessed through
> help:/kioslave
>  - sorry about that - must learn to engage brain before operating
> keyboard:-(

Konqueror is one application I could not live without. To many, Emacs would
be a suitable equivalent, or even Microsoft Word. I don't want to list all
the neat features of Konqueror, but it's the very centre of KDE (including
your desktop). It's a real shame that GNOME advocates/users sometimes skip
on the opportunity of exploring Konqueror. It's truly a shame because you
can only appreciate something once it's lost (in my example, the use of
Ubuntu of Windows XP, _without_ SSH'ing to a KDE-based host).