Re: Clinton All you need is... All you need is... Ubuntu, says Bill Clinton.

  • Subject: Re: Clinton All you need is... All you need is... Ubuntu, says Bill Clinton.
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 21:21:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Bailo ] on Thursday 28 September 2006 18:55 \__

> George Ellison wrote:
>> casioculture@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>>> Bill Clinton told the Labour conference to get into ubuntu. Eh?
>>>
>>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/5388182.stm
>>>
>> I found the last comment particularly funny...
>>

> It's also the only place in the page that "linux" is mentioned...guess
> the libs want to steal the word from us.

"Bill Clinton says get into Ubuntu, just a second I've CD with it on in my
bag. Yup here it is "Ubuntu - linux for human beings". Bill Gates ain't
going to like this."

                                        Simon Monday, Godalming

This can actually be mention or phrased out of context and it's excellent for
Linux, once a little twist is added. Be sure that some satirical sites like
bbspot will take this further and quote Bill Clinton, who is still admired
by any (as well as sorely missed). Also bear in mind that Canonical was
created to address a serious issue, bridging the gap between the richer and
less fortunate worlds, by lowering entry barriers. Ubuntu Linux is one
embodiment of the "Ubuntu" concept/word, which Clinton says is the key to a
better world.

Personally, I could not agree more.