[News] Microsoft Sues DRM Cracker, Blames Theft Rather Than Sloppy Implementation, Lockin Mess

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Sues DRM Cracker, Blames Theft Rather Than Sloppy Implementation, Lockin Mess
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 11:42:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft sues over source code theft

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft has filed a federal lawsuit against an alleged hacker who
| broke through its copy protection technology, charging that the
| mystery developer somehow gained access to its copyrighted source code.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6119892.html

For all I know, Microsoft was unable force the developer to stop distributing
the software as no law was broken (the ISP was contacted, but there was no
way of making a compelling legal accusation). It seems to me as though
Microsoft make up stories to frame the lad. Will there be a witch hunt for
'DVD Jon' next...?