Re: [News] Free Software Foundation Addresses GPLv3 Misunderstandings and Misconceptions

__/ [ George Ellison ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 03:26 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> FSF Responds to Misunderstandings about GPLv3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | I am going to reproduce the FSF response to recent misunderstandings
>> | about GPLv3 in its entirety. I think you will be able to see how
>> | seriously the kernel developers' statement misunderstood what the GPLv3
>> | says and what it does.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20060925204515114
>
> Anybody else at this point just want to see the FSF and the kernel team
> duke it out in a steel cage? It seems like the only way this is ever
> going to get resolved.

There is also disagreement internally.

http://lwn.net/Articles/200656/

I have been reminded that GPLv3 means no TiVo, HD-DVD players, as well as
some phones. I begin to wonder if compliance with the awful trend is the
better way.