Re: The BEST thing about Linux

__/ [ Linonut ] on Wednesday 27 September 2006 01:19 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't have to stick around watching
>> repetitive 'point-and-drool' routines (3 bloody hours). He was quite
>> envious when I told him that I can convert these AVI's into GIF's using
>> the GNU Image Manipulation Program (I didn't say GIMP).
>
> Not to mention batch conversions using ImageMagick.  I think both are
> available for Windows (I used GIMP on Windows sometimes.)

Aye. Intersting typo there: "lie ahead"!="lied ahead".

I love ImageMagick. It proves that scriptability is a property that can't be
beaten. I have some complex ImageMagick scripts running on my box every 10
minutes (producing and annotating screenshots 'on the fly', to be
broadcasted over the Web'). I can also process thousands of photos with
minimal user intervention using ImageMagick, or a front-end called Pixie
Plus (it seems to no longer be bundled/maintained).