Re: Microsoft is Recruiting!

__/ [ mwatters_newsgroups ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 16:35 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> __/ [ mwatters_newsgroups ] on Tuesday 26 September 2006 14:45 \__

>> > I know this is in good fun and all, but as a newcomer here I've read
>> > advocates stating that people opposing Linux need to keep discussion on
>> > topic and stick to the charter.  In all fairness shouldn't you guys do
>> > the same?
>> >
>> > If you want people to take you seriously maybe you should be serious
>> > about what you say.  Just an observation.
>>
>> Hi MWatters,
>>
>> I respect your opinion. That said, I do urge you to take a look at the
>> archives of this newgroup, which has existed for over a decade. Over the
>> years it attracted a(n almost) majority of Windows advocates (a gentler
>> term to use) who thrive on their ability to repel those who have an
>> interest in Linux, as well as make them reconsider. They come to a Linux
>> newsgroup only to disrupt the conversations and seek self satisfaction in
>> misery of others.
>>
>> The news postings began at low volumes and have gone on for many years
>> thanks to regulars such as Au79. The more pro-Linux stuff is posted, the
>> less 'ammunition' Windows advocates are left with. As it demoraises them,
>> they soon leave. Many have left. The participation of Windows advocates
>> (particularly vulgar Linux bashers) in this newsgroup has gone down
>> significantly in the past few months. Again, I suggest you look at the
>> archive if you don't believe me. It used to be a horrid place before the
>> advancement of Linux (notable in late 2005 and so far in 2006) just led
>> many of them them to 'hang the towel. Bringing it to their attention will
>> ensure they are soon enlightened, realising that they stick to the weaker
>> side (which is more popular, albeit for the moment--less prevalent).
>>
>> <snip />
>
> Thanks for the reply, Roy.  But I was refering to you posting an
> anti-MS page and that it's against the charter.  If advocates are
> telling the "trolls" to stick to the charter, shouldn't the advocates
> as well?

You are right. I was going to include an apology for that in my reply, but
forgot as I let my figers tap my mind out...

Be aware, however, that Microsoft constantly makes fun of Linux. Here is just
one example:

http://tinyurl.com/rdrsg

They also sponsor studies that spread lies about Linux, as opposed to sing
about the merits of Microsoft software in isolation. So I guess it's
sometimes down to tit-for-tat.