Re: Payrise at Novell, Stock Up

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Increasingly I see Novell mentioned as a "Linux company" or "Open Source
> software maker" (it didn't use to be the case).

What a joke you are trying to push over, royboy!  LOL!!!   Novell a
"linux company"??  Well check the latest filings (from your own cite):

"Novell reported third-quarter net income increased to $11.7 million,
or $0.03 per share, compared with $2.1 million last year. A survey of
analyst from Thomson Financial had expected Novell to report $0.03 per
share. The software maker said it saw net revenue of $241 million,
compared with net revenue of $252 million in the same quarter a year
ago.

For the quarter, Novell reported revenue of $12 million from its Linux
Platform Products group. Revenue from Identity and Access Management
was $26 million, up 46 percent year-over-year. Meanwhile, on the
downside, combined revenue from Open Enterprise Server and
NetWare-related products declined 19 percent from the year-ago period."

So linux is 12M out of 240M, which is 5% of a declining revenue stream.
 As the last users of Netware die of old age, I suspect that linux may
become more and more significant at NOVL and will probably reach 25% or
so right before NOVL disappears entirely.  Maybe SCO will buy them!