[News] Interoperability Conference - Microsoft a Sponsor?!?!

The same company that refused to show up for events that were intended to
make networking work with Linux...

http://www.techxworld.com/registration/index.cfm?fuseaction=dynamic&v=0&p=5069&code=digg

Other similar (and very recent) scenarios:

PHP, Windows: Not an Oxymoron?

,----[ Quote ]
| Though Microsoft is a sponsor of the php|works conference, Stagner noted
| for the record that Microsoft did not pay for him to speak and he wasn't
| lost and knows that the conference isn't TechED.

LinuxChix Brazil Meeting - Webcast, teachers and sponsors

,----[ Quote ]
| To make all this possible, we this year have the support of several
| companies and people, and two major sponsors: Caixa Economica Federal and
| Microsoft. The Caixa, as a Brazil federal institution, has always been
| involved in supporting development projects. And to go ahead with its
| "let's talk" movement, Microsoft supports the Meeting, as well will also
| be open to talk about their recent actions to cooperate and interoperate
| with Open Source community. We invite all attendees to debate with the
| representants their ideas and give suggestions.
`----

http://www.linuxchix.org.br/?q=node/72

They also hand out freebies to Linux developers in the embedded space,
realising that the most skilled technical folks naturally opt for OSS.

Also see:

Microsoft Ships IronPython 1.0

Published today:

Microsoft's IIS 7 will aid PHP developers' Linux deployments

http://searchopensource.techtarget.com/columnItem/0,294698,sid39_gci1218130,00.html
http://tinyurl.com/n656f

PHP? IIS on Linux? Python?!?! But they are GPL'ed. That's what Microsoft
calls "cancer".