[News] Trend Micro Combats Windows Zombies

Trend Micro launches anti-botnet service

,----[ Quote ]
| Trend Micro announced a new service to help
| large organizations and Internet service providers
| (ISPs) fight networks of zombie machines, known as
| "botnets."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20060925/tc_infoworld/82210

Trend Micro is on our side, by the way. On several occasions they said that
Open Source software is simply more secure, contradicting all the FUD that
floats about.

Virus busters clash over open source security

,----[ Quote ]
| While McAfee reckons open source's very openness makes it easy to
| fiddle with, rival Trend Micro reckons it's the openness that makes
| dodgy code easy to spot.
|
| In fact, Trend Micro reckons open source operating systems are more
| secure than commercial rivals. "You could run Linux as an all-around
| operating system or Open BSD for critical servers. By using multiple
| Linux distributions, risks are mitigated", says to Raimund Genes,
| CTO of Trend Micro.

To re-use some links that were posted earlier:

If Only We Knew Then What We Know Now About Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| You can think of Windows XP as a house with a second floor built of
| spackle, wood filler and duct tape.
`----

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/09/23/AR2006092300510.html?nav=rss_technology

Microsoft Windows: Insecure by Design