Re: [jews] Review: OpenOffice Writer is ok because it's free.

  • Subject: Re: [jews] Review: OpenOffice Writer is ok because it's free.
  • From: felmon davis <davisf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 18:20:29 GMT
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 11:06:29 -0400, flatfish+++ wrote:

> Translation:
>
> I love this Yugo that I found for free.
> I wouldn't pay $40,000 for it like I did for my Porsche but it's not
> bad for free.

this seems an inaccurate translation. it's more like "I love this house I
found for free. I wouldn't pay $xxxx for it and move into it like the
house I have already inhabited for yrs and redecorated and rebuilt the
roof on, etc. etc. but this free one isn't bad."

switching cars is not like switching operating systems or switching
heavily customized (or 'accustomized', to make up a word) programs.

weird though. for a while I used only Eudora (Win98 version under OS/2),
then MR/2 (in OS/2), then Kmail and now I find I simply cannot get away
from Pine (where I started). it just makes sense to my fingers (and eyes)
(though I might go for a Linux version of mr/2).

Felmon