Re: [News] Software Donation: Is It a Donation at All?

Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> __/ [ B Gruff ] on Sunday 24 September 2006 10:49 \__
>
>> On Sunday 24 September 2006 08:19 Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Putting aside software replication costs, receiving software for free can
>>> motivate lockins and use of services, which in the long term benefit the
>>> company (think printers and ink cartridges). Regardless, Microsoft
>>> continues to boast software donations, among other things.
>>>
>>> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/286140_msftmeets22.html
>>
>> It's similar to the reason that I keep referring to them as Green Shield
>> Stamps.  The real power of GSS (to the trader giving them and to the GSS
>> company) was that so *few* were actually redeemed - they used to lie around
>> in pockets, purses, cars, drawers, until they were thrown out....
>>
>> Coin-of-the-realm, mate - accept nothing but -  'ave no truck wi' owt else!
>
> This idea of coupon redemption stirs up some thoughts. It's a trap that
> prevents anybody from getting skills or even a glimpse at competing
> products. It's bound to bring about obedience through blindness.

Yet another major fuck up by Roy. Totally missing the point.

And coming from someone who advocates FREE SW, it is even funnier that he
dislikes "coupon redemption". LOL. The bare two faceness of him.

Does his double standards know no limits?

> Fortunately, not everyone will be fooled any longer. People have learned from
> the history of this convicted monopolist.

Well, they certainly learnt not to believe you.

The rest of your post is snipped since it was just a mindless rambling
yet again.