Re: [News] Microsoft Tells Developers, Not Only Manufacturers, How to Build and Design

Asstroturfer Erik Funkenbusch wrote on behalf of micoshit:

> On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 18:56:26 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Speaking of need for freedom...
>>
>> Will Zune begin instructing artists on how to compose their music?
>>

>> Microsoft Vista User Interface Guidelines Published
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>| "Microsoft has published the preliminary Official User Interface
>>| Guidelines for Windows Vista. Highlights include Top 12 Rules for the
>>| Windows Vista User Experience ? and the use of screenshots from Windows
>>| XP as examples of what not to do. The full guidelines are as yet
>>| incomplete, but what is there makes for interesting reading."
>> `----
>>
>> http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=06/09/23/0551208&from=rss
>
> What a fucking moron you are Roy.

Seems to me you are the 'fucking moron'.
It is not for software companies to specify hardware build and design.
Thats about as valid as engine builders telling car manufacturers
what color seat belts to fit in a car.

> Microsoft, as well as Apple, and many Unix vendors publish style
> guidelines.  You know, stuff like CDE and OpenLook and even KDE have
> design
> guidelines too.  This is what makes environments consistent.

A clueless idiot like you would be surprised if it doesn't make
an ounce of difference to Linux what PC cases looked like?

> This just goes to show you have ZERO clue as to the workings of the
> computer industry, not even your little small sector of it.

Well, that more than brought into focus your own limited knowledge.