Re: [News] MySQL Grows Up, Needs More People!

__/ [ yttrx ] on Friday 22 September 2006 18:33 \__

>> MySQL is Hiring
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | MySQL is the recognized leader in open source database software with
>> | over 10 million users. Many of the world's largest organizations,
>> | including Yahoo!, Alcatel, The Associated Press, Suzuki and NASA rely on
>> | MySQL for their business-critical applications.
>> |
>> | MySQL is a global organization with over 300 employees in 25 countries.
>> | We are looking for talented professionals in sales, marketing,
>> | professional services, and support that will contribute to our
>> | strong momentum and share in our success!
>> `----
>
> Postgres is better, in every. single. way.

I guess reputation/brand name doesn't go for it, yet. I still associate it
with bugs, based on what I used to hear (possibly disinformation). But I
also know people who rave about it and hate the very mentioning of the MySQL
monoculture (in FLOSS space).

Expansion seems to carry on for MySQL AB.

MySQL AB Opens Benelux Office

http://www.mysql.com/news-and-events/press-release/release_2006_41.html

--
For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,