[News] Women in Linux and Open Source - a Woman's Perspective

Interview: Elizabeth Krumbach of LinuxChix

,----[ Quote ]
| As women become more involved with open source communities, it's
| important that their voices be heard... Read on to find out how she
| became involved with computers, why she likes to buy equipment online,
| and her advice for women contemplating involved in open source
| communities.
`----

http://dot.kde.org/1158867833/

Some related links I could find (other than the ones in the page above).

GNOME and Google reach out to women

,----[ Quote ]
| GNOME's Women's Summer Outreach Program (WSOP) is underway, with twice
| the number of projects originally scheduled, thanks to Google's
| generosity. The program has not only brought a few more women into
| the GNOME fold, but it seems to have jump-started efforts to actively
| recruit female developers within other open source projects as well.
`----

http://trends.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=06/08/10/2219218&from=rss

GNOME needs women

http://business.newsforge.com/business/06/06/15/2054202.shtml?tid=35&tid=25

Ubuntu:

,----[ Quote ]
| Ubuntu-Women is a team functioning under Ubuntu to provide a platform
| and encouragement for women to contribute to Ubuntu-Linux, a Debian
| based free and open-source GNU/Linux software. Our main role will be
| along the lines of supplementing and being the stepping stone towardt
| he larger Ubuntu-Linux world. Membership is open to all.
`----

                http://ubuntu-women.org/

Debian:

                http://women.debian.org/

,----[ Introduction ]
`----

                                http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Women

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source project Fedora has launched Fedora Women, a forum and
| mailing list, in an effort to encourage more female developers to
| participate in its community.
`----

                        http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6100569.html

Women geeks bag top two software contest prizes

,----[ Quote ]
`----

        http://www.teluguportal.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=7890
        http://www.newkerala.com/news3.php?action=fullnews&id=23248