Re: GET THE FACTS - Reasons Why Linux Outperforms Windows at Hosting

On 2006-09-22, Sinister Midget <phydeaux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:
> On 2006-09-22, B Gruff <bbgruff@xxxxxxxxxxx> posted something concerning:

>>> Because here's what Roy is doing.  He's deliberately creating tons of
>>> fraudulent subject lines, which then get indexed into google so that when
>>> someone googles for Linux, they see things like "Why linux outperforms
>>> windows".
>>>
>>> What he's doing is using his newgroup messages to create artificial google
>>> results.
>>
>> I'm with you on this, Erik - hope my contribution helps?
>
> Me too. Roy is making things even more likely that people will find his
> headlines by trying to get followups. Each one only increases the
> chance of someone turning his material up via a search.

So following up to an important subject line can be a good thing
(advocacy) or a bad one (feeding trollers).

All the more reason to change subject lines whenever trolls start
posting crapolla. They're doing so to skew searches and create false
impressions as well as to get attention.

--
They say if you play the Windows XP CD backward you'll hear satanic
messages. But even scarier, if you play it forward it installs Windows