Re: [News] Jim Allchin Sums Up Vista's Added Value in One Word: "Cool"

  • Subject: Re: [News] Jim Allchin Sums Up Vista's Added Value in One Word: "Cool"
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 22:55:30 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Sinister Midget ] on Thursday 21 September 2006 17:32 \__

http://news.com.com/Allchin+Vista+apps+to+be+mind-bogglingly+cool/2100-1016_3-6117122.html

>>> In other news:
>>>
>>> [NEWS] Allchin calls being able to retire before it's too late: "Cool"
>>>
>>> [NEWS] Allchin says leaving before the company goes under is "Cool"
>>>
>>> [NEWS] Allchin: Making lots of money before the end comes is "Cool"
>>>
>>> [NEWS] Allchin: Getting paid a lot to say "Cool" is "Cool"
>>>

>> Erm...is that "cool" as in neat/interesting/attractive/nice,
>> or "COOL" the language environment that eventually became .NET?
>
> It's "cool". As in getting out with most of the money you made from a
> shell game, leaving with a semi-intact reputation, and going away
> sometime just before the ship drops rapidly to the bottom.

You post is cool.

Roy

PS - Oh, yeah... and Tux rocks. omg penguins!!!!!11 look ma!

--
Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux
roy      pts/1        cg001a.halls.man Thu Sep 21 14:54   still logged in