Re: Linux Options Omitted From Vista Survey

__/ [ Linonut ] on Thursday 21 September 2006 22:09 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>>> I don't understand your "side note".  What "wave" has google joined?
>>
>> Here is some further information.
>> Don't Be Evil -- Hire It Done
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "The NY Times among others is reporting that Google is ramping up its
>> | lobbying clout (registration or bugmenot required). The 'Don't be evil'
>> | search engine company has hired the infamous astroturfing and dirty
>> | tricks firm Direct Connect, Inc. You may remember DCI from their recent
>> | attempts to pass off their 'Penguin Army' video as a product of some
>> | lone wit, unconnected with their client, Exxon. Or their involvement in
>> | Microsoft's 'even dead voters love Microsoft' campaign. With a staff of
>> | veterans in the biz (such as Chris 'Swiftboat' LaCivita and Jim
>> | 'Electioneering' Tobin), led by Tom 'Big Tobacco on the Dole' Synhorst,
>> | I'm sure DCI will be able to give Google whatever they're paying them
>> | for. The question is, what are they paying them for? And does 'Don't be
>> | evil' imply 'Don't pay professionals to be evil for you?' Or could
>> | there possibly be a non-evil reason to hire these clowns?"
>> `----
>>
>> Google forms political pressure group
>
> Maybe it is good Google is looking into Solaris.

It's more of a speculation at this stage. I commented about this earlier on
(post subject line begins with the word "rumour").

At the moment I am exchanging E-mail with a writer who wishes to discuss this
further with me. Could develop into something... *smile*

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
Swap:  1036184k total,   427636k used,   608548k free,    73640k cached