[News] OpenOffice.org, Mozilla and Google Banding Against A Common Rival

OOoCON 2006: what's next for OpenOffice.org

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, and I think that although we have no clear roadmap for this yet
| (besides, our version naming scheme is going to change once again ),
| OpenOffice.org and StarOffice shall include the Mozilla Foundation's
| Thunderbird and Sunbird (calendaring application) in the future. Besides
| the inclusion of those two softs inside the office suite, connectors to Sun
| Calendar Server and Microsoft Exchange will also be developed accordingly.
`----

http://www.libervis.com/blogs/5/charles/ooocon_2006_whats_next_for_openofficeorg

There are Google engineers working on OpenOffice and Mozilla sports a Google
search bar in various places. Meanwhile, Google advertise[s/d] Firefox.
What's noteworthy is that Dell preinstalls Google software and even Firefox
(in the UK). Google's Spreadsheets, Calendar, GMail, and Writely somehow
compete with Mozilla and OpenOffice.org though.