[News] Open Source/Linux PBX Big in Japan, Tonight!

Open Source PBX Breakthrough

,----[ Quote ]
| Leading Asterisk developer Digium Inc. has snagged a licensing
| deal with a subsidiary of Japanese telco giant NTT in what it
| sees as a major breakthrough for the open-source PBX system in
| that critical market.
`----

http://www.voip-news.com/news/digium-ntt-breakthroug-deal-040907/

Related:

Digium Experiences Growing Global Demand for Asterisk Open Source
Telephony Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Two Million Digium Users Make Asterisk One of the Most Successful Open
| Source Initiatives Ever
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/070306/20070306005750.html?.v=1

Open Source Telephony Becoming More Compelling

,----[ Quote ]
| The attraction of Asterisk is the cost coupled with a very strong
| feature set, indeed at this price point it is difficult to match.
| However what Asterisk suffers from is a strong channel presence.
|
| [...]
|
| Then again RedHat could buy Digium....
`----

http://www.networkworld.com/community/?q=node/13609

Digium(R) Preps Award-Winning Open Source AsteriskNOW(TM) Software Appliance
for Full Release

,----[ Quote ]
| Introduced last quarter by Digium, the creator and primary developer
| of Asterisk, AsteriskNOW includes all the software customers need to
| install and configure a phone system that offers the advanced features
| found in expensive proprietary products. AsteriskNOW is free and can
| run on customers' existing servers.
`----

http://www.tmcnet.com/usubmit/-digiumr-preps-award-winning-open-source-asterisknowtm-software-/2007/03/21/2433500.htm

Towards a complete Free Software market