[News] Microsoft Breaks Third-party Software Compatibility, Makes Its Own Vista-only

Can't install Acrobat 8; Vista UAC Strikes Back!

,----[ Quote ]
| Now wait a minute... If I have turned off UAC, why on earth should I
| get a permission error -- that?s what I discarded UAC for in the
| first place! It seams this is part of the new Vista UAC
| pseudo-privilege elevation strategy. It turns out that you must
| re-enable UAC, reboot and then install Acrobat in order to be
| successful.
`----

http://d2.degen.net/?p=96

Halo 2 - But for windows vista only!!!

,----[ Quote ]
| So it seems the almighty Halo 2 is coming out for the PC next month on
| the 9th. (The 8th is the shipping date mind you) But get this, you have
| to have windows vista! Is this smart marketing to get people to buy the
| new OS, or just forcing people to upgrade? You decide.
`----

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2416462

Gates and the bots must be very proud of themselves. If all goes according to
plan, people will be forced to upgrade to Vista just to open some data and
run software. Meanwhile, third-party software will lose its place in
'Windows land'. Where are the antitrust folks? And what happened to
adherence to standards?