Re: Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 (etch) released

__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 09 April 2007 02:44 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:
>
>> Verily I say unto thee, that nick spake thusly:
>>
>>> http://www.debian.org/News/2007/20070408
>>
>> Available Desktop Environments / Window Managers:
>>  . Debian - 3D-Desktop, 4dwm, 5Dwm, 9wm, aewm, AfterStep, amiwm,
>>             Blackbox, Compiz/Beryl, CTWM, dwm, EDE (Equinox),
>>             Enlightenment, EvilPoison, evilwm, Fluxbox, foXdesktop,
>>             FVWM, FVWM95, FVWM-Crystal, Gnome, hackedbox, HaZe, IceWM,
>>             Ion, JD4X (Java Desktop), JWM, Kahakai, KDE, KWin, Larswm,
>>             Luminocity, LWM, Matchbox, Metacity, Metisse, MWM (Motif),
>>             OLWM/OLVWM, Openbox, Orion, Oroborus, PekWM, PLWM, PWM,
>>             Qvwm, ratpoison, ROX, Sawfish, Scwm, Stumpwm, swm, The GREAT
>>             Desktop, TrsWM, twm, UDE, uwm, Waimea, WindowLab, Window
>>             Maker, wm2, WMI, wmii, XD640, XFCE, Xfwm, XPde, XPwm, XWEM
>> . Vista   - Aero
>
> Lie.  Vista also offers a classic interface.

I thought that as well, but it's an excellent post from [H]omer nonetheless.
Made me laugh at times...

As a whole it makes a very compelling case and I think it should be posted to
slated.org, or somewhere else even...

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Linux: most popular O/S, yet not most widespread
  5:00am  up 28 days 12:03,  7 users,  load average: 1.04, 1.12, 1.29