[News] Closed-Source Optical Media No Longer So Closed

First AACS Blu-Ray/HD-DVD Key Revoked

,----[ Quote ]
| According to the release, 'Please be aware that failure to apply the
| update will result in AACS-protected HD DVD and BD playback being
| disabled,' which pretty much confirms that the key revocation has
| already taken place for all newly released Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs."
`----

http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/04/07/1417253&from=rss

Regaining freedom to access media with free software is not piracy. The same
applies to backups.

Related:

How-To: Play Blu-ray and HD DVD Movie Discs in Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/3737/how-to_play_blu-ray