Re: [News] Microsoft Lied -- Windows XP SP3 Will Never Come

__/ [ flyer ] on Sunday 08 April 2007 04:04 \__

> In article <58805479.zTKJQMmjnc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx says...
>> Thurrott: Microsoft Has 'Absolutely No Plans' to Ship Windows XP SP3
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | "If you were looking for any glimpse into the mind of Microsoft, this
>> | is it: the company has completely abandoned Windows XP, and it has
>> | absolutely no plans to ever ship an XP SP3..."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=17648
>>
>> I guess they'll argue that Vista /is/ SP3, which breaks compatibility with
>> hardware and software as requires hardware upgrades ('surgery'). This is
>> excellent news to Linux. XP is abandoned and only 12% intend to 'upgrade'
>> to Vista.
>>

> More dramatic by the day literally.

Well, it's vapourware tactics all over again, intended to keep away people
from ditching XP and installing Linux.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/010807/PLEX_0411_A.pdf

> Do you think MS stock could crash? Maybe an accelerating sellout over
> days or weeks?

They toss money at the stock, so its value is meaningless. The same goes for
Netcraft figures and search engine figures. Microsoft paid GoDaddy to move
4.5 million parked (idle) domain from Apache to IIS. Someone in
alt.www.webmaster also told me that they offer free hardware with their
software in order to boost figures. More recently, they /paid/ businesses to
use their Web services, including search. Buying market share and buying
your own stock is a losing and miserable strategy. Even selling the XBox
360s at a huge loss is something that has already cost the company a lot...
losses of over $5 billion overall. You can't /buy/ a win. You need good
products, otherwise you just burn money to keep up appearances.

> It would not take a whole lot to start it.
>
> Probably more realistic is just a full steady erosion of MS over time.
>
> I just keep getting this eerie feeling of MS stock diving off a cliff
> suddenly. Maybe it's just a personal dream.

Worry not. The notebook at the Seattle Pi knows all. Maybe Microsoft could
pay to shut them up.

Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be

,----[ Quote ]
| But Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash
| balance. Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has
| paid out nearly $100 billion through dividends and repurchasing
| its own stock in the past five years.
`----

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

Masters of censorship are dough in the hands of bloggers. And that's why
Microsoft is so afraid of the Net.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Free 3-D Othello: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 124 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   6 zombie