[News] Microsoft Puts Some DRM to Rest, Drops Charges Against DRM Cracker

Microsoft Will Sell DRM-free Songs

,----[ Quote ]
| Following digital music pioneer Apple Inc.'s lead yet again, Microsoft
| Corp. said this week it will soon sell digital music online without digital
| rights management (DRM) protection.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,130472/article.html

Microsoft drops case against FairUse4WM creator Viodentia

,----[ Quote ]
| Hey Microsoft, instead of trying to shackle those of us interested
| in the fair use interoperability of our music, why not redirect
| your substantial legal resources to negotiate some DRM-free music
| (and video while you're at it) with the majors? We hear EMI might
| be interested.
`----

http://www.engadget.com/2007/04/06/microsoft-drops-case-against-fairuse4wm-creator-viodentia/
http://tinyurl.com/yvx44c