[News] Large German Music Store Goes for the DRM Kill

Musicload in talks with EMI about DRM-free music

,----[ Quote ]
| To expand its as yet limited range of DRM-free tracks in the MP3
| format the German online music store Musicload has engaged in talks
| with the music industry.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/87866/from/rss09

Related:

Charter aims to strengthen rights of consumers in the digital world

,----[ Quote ]
| "For a long time we have looked at the issues from a supplier's
| perspective, focusing on questions of intellectual property and
| copyright," the politician, who is a member of the Christian
| Social Union (CSU), declared. Now it was time to look at them
| from a consumer perspective, he added. The object was to ensure
| equitable access to the worlds of digital information, to
| keep the repositories of knowledge open and enable transparency
| and "open innovation," he said.
`----

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/86874/from/rss09

Microsoft: We Like DRM