Re: [News] As Time Goes By, Far Fewer People Want Windows Vista

__/ [ Mike ] on Thursday 05 April 2007 12:55 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>> New Harris Poll: Vista awareness up, sales not
>>
>> ,----[ Quote]
>>> For its most recent poll, Harris surveyed online 2,223 U.S. adults
>>> between March 6 and 14, 2007 -- just about six weeks after the
>>> release of Windows Vista...
>>>
>>>                                          March, 2007 %   December,
>>> 2006 %
>>>
>>> Yes, I will upgrade to Windows Vista:        12%             20%
>>>
>>> No, I will stay with my current OS:          67%             31%
>>>
>>> Not sure:                                    20%             49%
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=368
>>
>> This is looking terrible. Many prospective Linux users up for grabs.
>
> Not exactly. That stats show users are staying with their current OS and
> not that they will switch to Linux. In this post I can see why people say
> you lie in your posts.

The subject line says that as time goes by, fewer people intend to go along
with the 'Windows stream'. Then I quote figures that show exactly that.
Given that everyone must upgrade sooner or later (support lifeline or
software comptaibility), it is likely that more people ("prospective Linux
users") will consider a route such as Apple or free software. The first step
is rejectction, or a breakup. Unless these users want to stay lonely, they
will probably seek a new girlfriend/boyfriend. Unlike wives, operating
systems need to be changed after a while. There will not be a second
'distro' of Windows alongside Vista.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    YaSTall Linux to figure out the magic
Swap:  1036184k total,   548536k used,   487648k free,    34460k cached