[News] Review of Latest SimplyMEPIS, Mini Coverage of DSL, and MyahOS Screenshots

Review: SimplyMEPIS 6.5 64

,----[ Quote ]
| Unlike my last venture with SimplyMEPIS 6.5 RC 1, this final release
| gets the treatment of a full install to my desktop system. It will take
| the place of Sabayon Linux 3.3 which I have found to be a great
| distribution on my system. I have used Sabayon as the exclusive
| Linux OS on my desktop since I reviewed it, and with the exception
| of a few minor faults, I have enjoyed it greatly.
|
| [...]
|
| All we need now are the more prominent PC vendors to allow users to
| buy their systems with Linux pre-installed. Thankfully it looks like
| Dell is finally coming around.
`----

http://www.triedit.org/review/review-simplymepis-65-64/

In related news, it turns out that Intel's educational laptop doesn't just
get Mandriva Linux support. Other Linux vendors are involved as well.

Damn Small Linux The Portable Desktop

,----[ Quote ]
| Any readers out there ever tried Damn Small Linux? It seems like to
| could be a handy all in one replacement for all those portable app
| packages floating around.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/04/weve_written_ab.html

MyahOS 3.0 Tech Demo 1