Re: [News] Microsoft Will Try the Pink Gown

On 2007-04-03, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> Microsoft in the Zune
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| The Zune, which is currently available in white, brown and black,
>| will soon sport prettier colors. A baby-pink version will be
>| available in May, and another vibrant color will be introduced
>| a few weeks later.
> `----
>
> http://www.thestreet.com/_yahoo/newsanalysis/techgames/10347869.html?cm_ven=YAHOO&amp;cm_cat=FREE&amp;cm_ite=NA
> http://tinyurl.com/28mue8

Wow! Maybe soon you'll be able to waste your money on pastels!

> Software Notebook: Microsoft's cash pile isn't what it used to be
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| But Microsoft has taken a series of steps to reduce its cash
>| balance. Specifically, by Microsoft's count, the company has
>| paid out nearly $100 billion through dividends and repurchasing
>| its own stock in the past five years.
> `----
>
> http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/309852_software02.html

They make that sound as if it was intentional and planned instead of a
step taken to quell an investor uprising.

> Microsoft fix to keep Zune from skipping a beat
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Microsoft is planning to issue a firmware update next month designed
>| to fix a glitch that is causing some owners of the Zune music player
>| to experience skipping when playing songs purchased from Microsoft's
>| online store.
>|
>| Microsoft updated the Zune in December to allow both the device and
>| the desktop Zune software to work properly with Windows Vista.
> `----
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1027_3-6163289.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

This brings to mind something I heard from Larry the Cable Guy the
other day. He was making fun of somebody that had a laryngectomy and
had one of the boxes put in. Somebody yelled at him and he said "I know
you ain't suppose to laugh at it, But, damn, that's just funny. I
apologize to God and all that, but you just can't help it. Like retards
and midgets, you just can't help yourself. You're human."

That's the way I feel when I see things like the above concerning MS. I
know it isn't nice to laugh at retards. But watching MS do themselves
in like this, it's just too much to hold back.

C',mon, what the hell is all this:

1. ME. *WHAT* was that supposed to be?

2. The first Xbox burning up. *IN* the power supply. And they send you
a frickin' power cord to fix it??!?

3. The next generation of Xbox is crappier than the first. People have
them crashing and burning left and right. Some people have multiples
with the same problems. Not months later. Not years later. But the
first time they turn them on! MS tries to deny it for a long, long
time. But they can't shut the whole world up!

4. Vista. Who the hell do they think they're kidding? Even the
lying-ass trolls can only half heartedly defend it. And they're *used*
to lying already!

5. The Zune. The name even says "retard" loud and clear! But their own
device can't play their *own* music without it fucking up???!??? And
this is going to give the iPod a run for its money?

The only real break they had in all of that was 2K. Not that it was
stellar. But it was better than the others. And XP. It's noteworthy for
not being as horrible as it could have been. But it was horrible enough
that a lot of people still preferred sticking with 2K.

> Static Problems Causes the Zune to Shutdown
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| A growing number of Zune owners are reporting static problems
>| with their Zune. For no visible reason, the Zune will shutdown
>| and do a hard reboot (the Zune logo appears on your screen).
> `----
>
> http://www.cliczune.com/2007/02/static_problems.html

"You know you're gonna laugh. Get on an elevator and hear somebody with
one of them boxes say "thirteen" when somebody asks 'em what floor they
want. You're gonna be rollin' around in the floor of the elevator
holdin' your sides, whether it's nice to laugh at 'em or not!"

> Microsoft (Sort of) Details Zune Flaw
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Though Microsoft had admitted that its Zune player would be unable
>| to share certain songs wirelessly before the device shipped in
>| November 2006, this week the software maker provided a few more
>| details about this flaw.
> `----
>
> http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/94934/94934.html

"Like midgets. You ain't s'posed to laugh at midgets neither. But you
do! It's normal, and you cain't help it! There ain't nuthin' wrong with
midgets. They're cute 'n cuddly and they make you laugh yer ass off!"

--
How dare the government intervene to stifle innovation in the computer
industry! That's Microsoft's job, dammit!