Re: [News] Microsoft Imports Employees

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Rush for H-1B visas under way
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | "Without an increase in the number of H-1B visa and green cards issued
> | each year, our nation loses the opportunity to benefit from the
> | contributions of highly educated and skilled workers from around
> | the world," Jack Krumholz, Microsoft's top lobbyist, said at the
> | time. "American businesses and society in general will be worse
> | off due to Congress' lack of action on this issue."
> |
> | [...]
> |
> | In April 2005, and again last month, Gates said that any H-1B
> | limits should be completely eliminated. Groups like the
> | Information Technology Industry Council, whose member companies
> | include Apple, Dell, Cisco Systems, IBM, Intel and Microsoft,
> | have called for substantially higher limits.
> `----

http://news.com.com/2100-1028_3-6172629.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Is there anything stopping these people from being employed in their own
country? We are in the age of communications, I work with German's in
Germany, Irishmen in Ireland, American's in America and an Australian in
France (he moved there, it's not my fault).

I don't see any reason to import people these days, unless it's to the
advantage of the person being imported. So I would say congress is right,
Bill should set up a Smoothwall with VPN tunnel to each of the guys-n-gals
home computer. Oops, Smoothwall is Linux, ok he should set up a Sonicwall,
erm no no thats Linux too. There must be one Windows based VPN system going
around that hasn't been cracked, he should set that up to these folk he
wants to employ.

http://news.com.com/2061-10796_3-6163930.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

http://www.consumerist.com/consumer/microsoft/microsoft-sending-all-xp-and-vista-tech-support-calls-to-india-245048.php