[News] Mandriva Users Advised to Choose GNOME

Mandriva 2007.1: KDE vs. Gnome

,----[ Quote ]
| Personally I use both KDE and Gnome, and always encouraged people to
| test the two, and see what they like better (if they really have
| any preference). Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But
| for now, I'll be recommending Gnome to new Mandriva users. Mandriva's
| KDE install is currently too bad to be recommended to new users.
| Mandriva's Gnome installation on the other hand, is not perfect,
| but already very polished.
`----

http://artipc10.vub.ac.be/serendipity/archives/13-Mandriva-2007.1-KDE-vs.-Gnome.html

A fast-growing Mandrake derivative gets another new newsletter published:

PCLinuxOS Magazine April 2007 Issue 8 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| Some highlights include:
|
|    1. KDE User's Guide
|    2. What is ROOT?
|    3. A Letter to My Windows Friends
|    4. Free as in Free Beer
|    5. Creating a Favorite Applications Menu
|    6. As always, much more
`----

http://mag.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=30
http://tinyurl.com/2k4mco

Yesterday:

KDE 4 gets more Hot New Stuff

,----[ Quote ]
| In addition to being able to upgrade installed content through the
| KNS 2 interface, KDE 4 users will be able to automatically synchronize
| some content over the Internet or a private network. Content providers
| can offer automatic synchronization by listing references to files on
| a network rather than the files themselves.
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/227855/

Mandriva 2007.1 Spring RC3 (Beijing)

,----[ Quote ]