Re: Open Source & Linux has no place in OLPC

__/ [ AB ] on Friday 30 March 2007 18:42 \__

http://www.osweekly.com/index.php?option=com_content&Itemid=&task=view&id=2509

> That can't be a spoof by 7. It's readable.

No, it's him:

http://www.brandonwatts.net/
http://www.lockergnome.com/about/staff.phtml#brandon

He belongs in a Mac advocacy group, IMHO. There's bias.

> It can't be something written by the hand of one of our beloved
> Windufii. It sounds like exactly the reason applied to eliminate
> Windoze as a platform to teach kids about computing and computers in
> schools.
>
> OK, so maybe a Windummie stole the idea and tried in vain to apply it
> the OLPC.

It seems like the whole thing was written in a rush. No facts, no references,
and nothing at all to back 'quick facts'. It weakens the essay as a whole.

--
                ~~ Best wishes

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
windows.
                                                 ~Linus Torvalds
roy      pts/0                         Mon Apr  2 05:18   still logged in