Re: [News] British Entrepreneur Plans to Make GNU/Linux Popular in the UK

  • Subject: Re: [News] British Entrepreneur Plans to Make GNU/Linux Popular in the UK
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:47:40 +0100
  • Leafnode: Ver 1.11.6.r1
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:53:02 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

>> __/ [ John Bailo ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 02:02 \__

>>> That is good...but it's a day late and a dollar short.
>>>
>>> SUSE has the pole position.  Xgl is lighting fast.
>>>
>>> If you go Suse, you win.
>>
>> He could fork Opensuse if he wanted. I don't think any distributors does
>> this, but many adopt Debian, RHEL, and Ubuntu.
>>

> Debian-based distros are more likely to be the future to my mind.  The
> only thing SuSE has pole position on is some dubious deal with Microsoft,
> as far as I know.

I agree. The only thing that will "win" with SUSE, AFAIC, is M$.

On my Linux machines, I dumped SUSE because of their M$ deal, & switched
to Ubuntu & PCLinuxOS. It's *very* unlikely I'll be changing back to SUSE.

At least with Linux distros you can change, if you don't like the way one
particular distro is heading. With M$ windoze, you're screwed, you jump to
their cracking of the whip.

--
This message was not created on a
Windows PC, &  NO  M$ products were used.