Re: The Empire Strikes Back: Vonage considering bankruptcy

__/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 22:38 \__

> On Apr 18, 4:24 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>> __/ [ Ramon F Herrera ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 18:05 \__
>>

>> http://news.com.com/Vonage+tells+SEC+its+considering+bankruptcy/2100-...
>>
>> >http://tinyurl.com/yr2xjr
>>
>> > "Legal woes are forcing Vonage to look at its long-term options, which
>> > may include bankruptcy.
>>
>> > In a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Tuesday, the
>> > Internet phone service provider said the ongoing legal battles over
>> > patent disputes could eventually lead to liquidation of the company's
>> > assets under bankruptcy protection.
>>
>> > "We are, and may in the future be, subject to damaging and disruptive
>> > intellectual property litigation that could materially and adversely
>> > affect our business, results of operations and financial condition, as
>> > well as the continued viability of our company," Vonage said in the 10-
>> > K document."
>>
>> The company could be a victim of stupid patents. I thought about posting
>> this yesterday, but it's really off-topic for c.o.l.a. It's an example of
>> a company whose intellect is said to be stolen, so it falls victim to
>> lawsuits.
>
> I am pretty sure Microsoft is following the case.

They could never pull that off with Linux though, because Linux isn't
embodied in companies. If they dare to try to knock down companies, the
whole world will turn against them.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

For governments that eavesdrop, here is a quick list of tags: Communism,
Hawaiian shirts, China, Suitcase, Martha Stewart, Encryption, Prison,
Stalin. Thanks for tuning in.