[News] Role of the Desktop Declines in Developing World; Videos of $100 Linux Laptops at Schools

China's PC buyers want notebooks, too

,----[ Quote ]
| "We have underestimated the acceleration to mobile every year," said
| Ian Yang, vice president of sales and marketing for Intel and general
| manager of Intel China. "The world's going mobile, even here."
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6177085.html

The carpet is being pulling from under Microsoft's feet because Linux is
already headed for domination in this area (links below).

[One laptop per child:] A tour into Luciana de Abreu School

,----[ Quote ]
| Video of UCA Project: the children using the Laptop XO in Porto
| Alegre. (RS/Brazil).
`----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRpCmV5zHYo

In Portuguese:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMcw0PtYTaA

Related:

FEATURE: Mobile Linux: Why it will become the dominant mobile OS

,----[ Quote ]
| I see the mobile Linux wave out in the ocean and am sounding the
| alarm--the mobile Linux tide is rising. Be prepared.
`----

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/feature-mobile-linux-why-it-will-become-the-dominant-mobile-os/2007-01-03

Intel to unveil Linux based UMPCs next week

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.gottabemobile.com/CommentView,guid,a8c8c6a6-a160-44cd-8b9c-6913709aa78c.aspx