Re: [News] Vista is Named "Worst Nightmare"

On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:33:49 +0100, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>John Locke <johnlocke98513@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> "i ?m suggesting that Microsoft should have the Windows license
>> resemble something like OSDL, but not open to the general public -
>> just to the members of the MSDN."
>>
>> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Actually not a bad idea, but have you seen Microsoft make any good
>> decisions lately ? They'll never do it.
>>

>How is that "not a bad idea"?  It's just saying that we want to be in
>the proprietary club, but still play the high-priests of technology, and
>keep the masses out.  It's a daft idea, which so miscomprehends
>Microsoft's business model it's untrue (they will not be giving up their
>lock-in so readily!) whilst, at the same time, misapprehending open
>source, too!
What I meant was that it was "maybe" a good idea for Microsoft's
customers and maybe even for Microsoft. But metioning Open Source
in relation to Vista is like throwing holy water on a vampire.