Re: [News] A Deep Look at Automatix2 for Ubuntu Feisty Fawn, GIMP's Photoshop Clone (GIMPShop)

__/ [ Gordon ] on Wednesday 18 April 2007 12:08 \__

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> Quick Review: Automatix2 for Amd64 Ubuntu Feisty
>
> Actually, certainly in the 32 bit release, Automatix is largely redundant.
> Most of the things it does, like win32 codecs for example can now be
> installed through Add and Remove Programs Menu....

I have read in Thad's report about the bling-bling switch. :-)

Just follow some menu items and toggle the checkbox. Beryl/XGL is already
installed. I am currently reading about a nice rsync trick that can enable
you to prefetch the RC and then just fetch the differences within
seconds/minutes after Feisty hits the mirror.

http://ubuntu.wordpress.com/2007/04/17/start-downloading-feisty-now-and-get-it-faster-on-release-day/

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | while (!0==1) echo 'Bill Gates' > /dev/null
Swap:  1036184k total,   490772k used,   545412k free,    30824k cached